Why Trust Registered Massage Therapy in Surrey BC
At Pure Life Physiotherapy & Health Centre Surrey, as part of our mission to provide exceptional personalized care, we offer our clients Registered Massage Therapy (RMT) at both our Surrey clinics. The term Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) is normally found in use by practicing professionals in legislated provinces (Ontario, British Columbia, New Brunswick, & Newfoundland & Labrador) who are permitted by their Regulatory Colleges within the parameters of a “Massage Therapy Act” to use the designation. Currently, these are the only provinces that have educational requirements and regulations to monitor individuals who are Registered Massage Therapists and requires that they renew their active registration annually if they want to continue practising massage therapy.
Our RMTs are therefore educated at reputable institutions accredited by the College of Massage Therapists of BC and licensed through the Ministry of Health after attending 3000 hours of education and successfully completing a registration examination. As a result, these professionals are qualified to provide their clients with high-quality massage services that comply with public safety regulations. You can be assured that our RMTs have received massage therapy training and have become proficient at the techniques of therapeutic massage. In order to achieve their professional status, our therapists have had to study subjects in Medical Sciences such as musculoskeletal anatomy, physiology, pathology, kinesiology, neuroanatomy and orthopedic assessments. In addition, RMTs performed the required number of hours of massage therapies (Swedish massage, lymphatic drainage, proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation and many more) under instructor supervision.
What Can Our Surrey RMTs Do For You
Registered Massage Therapists in British Columbia are trained to assess soft tissues and joints of the body for treatment and prevention of dysfunction, injury, pain and physical disorders. In order to relieve pain and promote health, RMTs apply manual and physical methods to develop, maintain, rehabilitate or augment physical function. What’s more, you can be confident that you will be provided with safe, effective, and ethical massage therapy.
The following list may provide you with an idea of how our Pure Life Physiotherapy & Health Centre, Surrey BC, RMTs can help you.
- Assess clients by conducting range of motion and muscle tests and propose treatment plans.
Explain procedures, risks and benefits to clients.
- Administer massage techniques, treating soft tissues and joints of the body through soft tissue manipulation, relaxation techniques, hydrotherapy, trigger point therapy, joint pain and lower grade mobilizations, remedial exercise programs and client self-help programs.
- Suggest home care instructions and provide information about techniques for further postural improvement and stretching, strengthening, relaxation and rehabilitative exercises.
- Maintain records of treatments given.
Conditions For Which RMT Can Provide Relief
Most people are aware that massage therapy can reduce stress and pain but it can also be used to treat ligaments, bones, joints, fascia, blood vessels, organs and other soft tissues of the human body. The following is only a brief list of some of the conditions our RMTs can help you with.
- Low back pain, due to Lumbar strain, Facet joint syndrome, herniated disc and degenerated disc, can be decreased along with decreasing muscle spasm, improving function and range of motion.
- Sports Injuries can be treated so as to decrease pain and muscle soreness, enhance circulation, reduce anxiety and promote relaxation, flexibility and range of motion.
- A variety of Headaches (tension, migraine, cluster and sinus) can be treated by easing pain decreasing stress and anxiety, promoting relaxation and decreasing muscle tension.
- Whiplash is treated by decreasing muscle spasm and pain, restoring range of motion, improving muscle strength and endurance and reducing headaches.
- Osteoarthritis can be treated by slowing disease progression, reducing pain and relieving symptoms, as well as improving function, flexibility and mobility.
- Pregnancy is also treated by reducing general muscle tension and pain, decreasing stress, depression and anxiety, improving mood, decreasing back and pelvic pain, reducing headaches and managing symptoms of edema and sciatica.