1. Back Flexion Stretch
Lie on your back with your hands at your side and your knees bent. Use your abdominal muscles to raise your upper back off the floor, while exhaling. Raise your upper body off the floor with one shoulder slightly higher than the other. Do not thrust yourself off the floor or lift your head with your arms.
2. Pirifomis Muscle Stretch
- Lie on your back with your legs straight.
- Lift your affected leg and bend your knee. With your opposite hand, reach across your body, and then gently pull your knee toward your opposite shoulder.
- Hold the stretch for 15 to 30 seconds.
- Repeat with your other leg.
- Repeat 2 to 4 times on each side.
3. Chair Hamstring Stretch
Sit on the edge of a chair, straighten one leg in front of the body with the heel on the floor. Straighten the spine by sitting tall and rolling the pelvis forward. Hold this stretch for 30 seconds.
4. Towel Hamstring Stretch Stretch
To start, lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Don’t press your neck or lower back to the floor. Breathe deeply. You should feel comfortable and relaxed in this position.
Here are the steps to the hamstring stretch:
1. Put a towel behind one knee or calf.
2. Use the towel to pull the leg toward your chest, keeping the leg straight or slightly bent.
3. Hold for 30 to 60 seconds. Then lower the leg.
4. Repeat 2 to 3 times.
5. Switch legs.
5. Lateral Flexion Stretch
- Stand with your feet a little wider than shoulder width apart.
- Using controlled motions, raise your right arm over your head.
- Slowly lean to the left. Keep your stomach tight. You should feel the hip and stomach muscles pulled when leaning.
- Repeat with the other side.
6. Kneeling Lunge Stretch
Lunge forward with knee on padded mat. Position foot beyond forward knee. Place hands on knee. Straighten hip of rear leg by pushing hips forward. Hold stretch. Repeat with opposite side.