The following six tips can help you find neck pain relief:
1. Don’t stay in one position for too long. It’s hard to reverse bad posture, but if you get up a move around often enough you’ll avoid getting your neck stuck in an unhealthy position.
2. Make some ergonomic adjustments. Position your computer monitor so you can see it easily. Use the hands-free function on your headset to see the hands-free function on your phone or wear a head-set. Prop your tablet or laptop on a pillow so that it sits at a 45 degree angle, instead of lying flat on your lap.
3. If you wear glasses keep your prescription up to date. When your eyewear prescription isn’t up-to-date, you tend to lean back to see better.
4. Don’t use too many pillows. Sleeping with several pillows under your head can stifle your neck’s range of motion.
5. Know your limits. For example before you move your armoire across the room, consider what it could do to your neck and back, an ask for help.
6. Get a good nights sleep. Sleep problems increase the risk for several different conditions, including musculoskeletal pain.